Betting odds c/o Bovada
The Washington Wizards and Toronto Raptors treated fans to the best game thus far of the 2015 postseason. The Wizards sacrificed a 15-point lead Game 2 but won in Overtime. This one is expected to go better for the Raptors with NBA oddsmakers setting the daily live NBA lines 5-points in favor of Toronto at oddsmaker Bovada. The total is set at 192, which is further explained in our NBA odds section.
In the preview, the bold claim was made that the Raptors would sweep the series and that clearly is not the case. However, Toronto still should be able to prevail in this one by getting back on track tonight. The Raptors outscored the Wizards 26-17 in the fourth quarter but fell victim to the experience and poise of Paul Pierce. Pierce already made bold comments saying he doesn’t believe the Raptors have what it takes to defeat Washington. Coach Randy Wittman said of Pierce that “he was really big..I thought the three he hit to start the overtime was big for (our) momentum.”
The Wizards now also have momentum in the series. The backcourt of Bradley Beal and John Wall accounted for 26 points and the Wizards gave Pierce 37 minutes, in which he scored 20 on an efficient 7 of 10 shooting night, four of those field goals having been threes. Marcin Gortat will need to get more involved, as he can be a great option in pick and roll and pick and pops with John Wall. Wall struggled, hitting just 5 of 18 from the floor. But he played well in creating eight assists while turning the ball over just once.
The Wizards committed only 10 turnovers, four of which came from Beal. Beal hit just 6 of 23 from the field and 1 of 7 from three and the Wizards still won. That actually bodes really well because Beal is deadeye shooter and had the Wiz shot better than 6 of 21 from three, it could have won this game with relative ease.
But Toronto is not going to just sink in this series. The starting backcourt shot horribly in game one, hitting just 8 of 30 between Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, while swingman Terrence Ross was also an ice cold 3 of 11. The Raptors will need to start to work the ball inside to Jonas Valanciunas more, who had the best plus/minus of all Raptors starters at negative-1. DeRozan did a good job of helping Jonas V. on the boards, but the Wizards still held a plus-4 advantage on the glass. Washington had no fear of Valanciunas’ shot blocking and scored 52 points in the paint.
The Raptors also shot only 38 percent from the floor, opting to shoot 29 threes, of which only six fell. While Toronto’s offense looked good and fluid, the shots weren’t falling no matter how well Lowry set the table. It’s hard to imagine that being the case after a couple days rest and renewed focus, but if Washington leaped out to a 2-0 lead after beginning the series on the road, the Raptors would be pushed into a corner. Toronto was 22-19 on the road while the Wizards are a tough team at home where they went 29-12 this season.
• Wizards are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Wizards are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
• Wizards are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
• Wizards are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
• Wizards are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 Conference Quarterfinals games.
• Wizards are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games.
• Wizards are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS win.
• Wizards are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win.
• Wizards are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Atlantic.
• Wizards are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 Tuesday games.
• Wizards are 4-13-1 ATS in their last 18 games playing on 2 days rest.
• Raptors are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
• Raptors are 7-16 ATS in their last 23 home games.
• Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games playing on 2 days rest.
• Raptors are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
• Raptors are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 vs. Eastern Conference.
• Raptors are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 Tuesday games.
• Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 Conference Quarterfinals games.
• Over is 8-1 in Wizards last 9 games playing on 2 days rest.
• Under is 9-3 in Wizards last 12 vs. NBA Atlantic.
• Under is 6-2 in Wizards last 8 vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Under is 5-2 in Wizards last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
• Over is 5-2 in Wizards last 7 Conference Quarterfinals games.
• Under is 12-5-1 in Wizards last 18 road games.
• Over is 7-3 in Wizards last 10 vs. Eastern Conference.