MADDUX'S WINNING PICKS
MADDUX'S LIVE ODDS
2006 NFL Draft Running Back Rankings
Top RB Prospects for the 2006 NFL Draft
1) Reggie Bush USC
• Makes defenders miss
• Exceptional quickness and elusiveness
• Can also be used on kick and punt returns
• Adjusts well to poorly thrown balls
• Great field vision, able to find the hole and punish defenses
• Home run and deep field threat
• Best catching running back in the draft, good hands and explodes to get more yards after the catch
• Creates a mismatch out of the backfield when used as a wide receiver against linebackers
• Could be a liability against most NFL linebackers when
blocking. With Houston's poor offensive line he WILL be asked
to help on passing downs.
• Was never the only running back used at USC. Had Lendale White as his teammate to help carry the load. Was never asked to the exclusive running back like he will in the NFL
No brainer, Houston will select Bush with the first overall pick. Most dangerous player in the draft and the Texans have themselves a once in a lifetime player.
2) DeAngelo Williams Memphis
• Well built frame, great runner
• Explodes through the holes
• Shows very good patience in waiting for the play to develop, uses blockers well
• Shifty, elusive type running back
• Is able to make defenders miss in the open field, but also is strong enough to run over the weaker corners
• Great hands as a receiver out of the backfield
• Might have durability issues at the pro level. Injured
in high school, in College suffered knee sprain in 2002, torn
MCL in 2003, and broken leg in 2004. Did play injury free in
senior year of 2005 which included carrying the ball over 300
• Below average blocker
Denver should snag him up with the 22nd pick. If they pass and go a different route he should only drop a couple places to Carolina who is sitting at 27. Other possibilities would be the Jets trade down and snag him before Denver does at 22.
3) Laurence Maroney Minnesota
• Explosive runner, for his smaller size able to run
• Great field vision as a runner, able to wait and spot holes than burst through them
• Great outside runner and second gear of speed to make linebackers miss
• Doesn't fumble, protects ball well
• Great NFL instinct already
• Lacks the size and bulk to push the pile
• Under average pass protector due to size. Blitz awareness must improve to stay on the field in passing situations.
• Not the best receiver out of the backfield
Should be between Denver and Carolina as to where the former Gopher lands. If for some reason he is still on the board at 30 when the Colts select, expect Indy to nab him. Won't be available come second round.
4) Joseph Addai LSU
• All around prototypical running back
• Elite break away speed, second fastest 40 time at the draft combine among all running backs
• Excellent foot work and body control
• Good explosion around the edge
• Great hand eye coordination in the passing game, very good hands
• Great at finding the hole and hitting it
• Had multiple injuries in the past. ACL needed surgery
in the 2003 season, but played the last 2 full seasons at LSU
• Below average at pass blocking
• Lacks ideal size for goal line and 3 and short situations
With a good showing at the draft combine and 2 healthy seasons at LSU his stock is up in maddux sports' eyes. Indianapolis lost Edgerin James in free agency to the Cardinals and Addai looks like a great fit for the Colts at number 30 in the first round.
5) LenDale White USC
• Outstanding size, lower body is built like a brick
house. Able to run over defenders
• Good foot work for a big man
• Awesome ball security, not one fumble in College
• Great short yardage back, always falls forward to give you that extra yard
• Below average in pass protection, doesn't read blitzes
• Lacks breakaway speed
• Showed up at the NFL scouting combine out of shape, could show laziness and his commitment down the road
• Doesn't create mismatches against linebackers like other backs above him do
LenDale is predicted to go in the first round by most mock drafts but we are going to step out and say he doesn't. The attitude he showed at the NFL draft combine has to make scouts and coaches worry about the type of player Mr. White will bring to the table. No doubt he is talented but we think he lost some money as well as first round status in the last 3 weeks. Look for the the former Trojan to get nabbed in the second round by the New York Jets.
NFL Betting Information
Here is some more great NFL Betting Information in addtion to the football betting pages listed at the top right of the page we offer to surfers at Maddux Sports. Click on any of the football links to help increase your knowledge and winning percentage this season.