2005 SEC Football Preview
2005 SEC Conference Predictions
Below you will find our SEC predictions for the 2005-06 College football season. We will rank the teams in order and give a sentence or two regarding each team. For a closer look at each team you can click on the team name for info like schedule, angles, trends, past results, a little write up on the expectations of the team.
As usual this years SEC football conference is stacked with top contenders. We project 6 of the nations top 25 teams are located in the SEC this season which should make for some exciting football. All of which have a legitimate shot at making it to the Rose Bowl. Onto the predictions.
1) Florida - Meyer inherits a loaded team, boasting more talent
than he had at Utah the past couple seasons. Tough game at LSU
lurks in October, but they are the best team in the tough SEC
Floridas full football preview
2) Tennessee - Maybe the best offensive and defensive lines
in the entire conference. Have brutal schedule with games at
Florida and LSU early in the season. Still a top 10 team in
Tennessee's 2005 preview
3) Georgia - Should do fairly well as schedule is not as tough
in years past. Lost studs Greene and Pollack to the NFL draft,
but team is still experienced. Not that much separating this
top 3 teams, but should lose at Tennessee in early October.
Georgia Bulldogs 2005 preview
4) S. Carolina - Spurrier is back but only 9 starters return.
Talent level is mediocre, but bowl game is a possibility.
2005 Gamecocks preview
5) Vanderbilt - Were more competitive than the 2-9 record indicated
last year. If team can find a way to win the close ones record
2005 Vandy preview and schedule
6) Kentucky - Rebuilding year for the Cats, will not improve
much over the 1-7 conference mark of 2004. Least amount of talent
and few returning starters will keep them in the cellar in the
2005 Kentucky Wildcats 2005 preview
1) LSU - Undefeated season is a possibility as all difficult
games are at home. Loaded on both sides of the ball and are
the best team in the SEC West.
LSU Tigers 2005 preview and schedule
2) Alabama - Played better than the 6-6 2004 season indicated.
Tough schedule but the talent is in place and if they can win
the close games, 2005 will be a successful season.
The 2005 Crimson Tide football preview
3) Auburn - Undefeated last year, player departures and rough
schedule will bring them back down to earth. Still have the
talent to be very competitive and have a winning season.
2005 Auburn Tigers Preview
4) Arkansas - Veteran unit with manageable schedule could produce
a bowl game. Defense needs to get better before record will.
Razorbacks 2005 Preview
5) Mississippi - If they win non conference games and quarterback
Spurlock excels in new west coast offense, they have an outside
shot at a Bowl game.
Mississippi 2005 Football Preview
6) Mississippi St. - Second year under Croom, play should improve
on both sides of the ball, but the bulldogs are still a cellar
dweller in the SEC West.
Mississippi St. Bulldogs 2005 Preview.