It’s hard to not feel bad for the Buffalo Bills. They’ve played much better in recent weeks. They took Baltimore and Kansas City to overtime before losing, and last week they lost to Chicago by a field goal. They’re hoping to get into the win column this week as they host the Detroit Lions.
Sports Betting Section
MADDUX'S WINNING PICKS
MADDUX'S LIVE ODDS
1. Baltimore Ravens, 6-2 (3) – The Ravens make it up to the top of our rankings after handing the Dolphins their first road loss of the season. The Raven defense bounced back after their flop against Buffalo. They play the Falcons this Thursday in one of the best games of week 10.
1. New England Patriots, 6-1 (3) – The Patriots have earned the right to be regarded as the top team in the League. New England has been more consistent, week in and week out, than any other team. The defense might not be good enough to make it out of the AFC, but for now, they’re #1 in both conferences.
The Tennessee Titans host the Philadelphia Eagles this Sunday. Injuries look to play an important role in this game, and considering the particular personnel unavailable for Philadelphia, the Titans seem to have value in this match-up.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers, 4-1 (1) – The Steelers are undoubtedly a better team with Roethlisberger back. It took a little while, but Pittsburgh eventually put away the Browns and covered the spread. Colt McCoy actually had a pretty good game for Cleveland, which was surprising. The Steelers head down to Miami this week to take on a Dolphin team fresh off an underdog win at Green Bay.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers, 3-1 (1) – Pittsburgh welcomes back Ben Roethlisberger for their game against Cleveland. It will be interesting to see how the Steelers deal with expectations now that their starting qb is back. Rumor has it that Colt McCoy will be starting for the Browns, which should make this a comfortable return for Roethlisberger.
The Tennessee Titans and Dallas Cowboys meet up in Cowboy Stadium this Sunday afternoon. The game will give bettors an indication about where the Cowboys are at, and whether or not Tennessee has the weapons to be a contender in the AFC. Dallas opened as a 7 point home favorite, and the line has been steady all week. Currently, 5 Dimes and SportBet are up to 7 ½ points, but others are sticking with the opening number. The squares are slightly favoring the Titans at 55% we also like the Titans as one of our Week 5 NFL Picks.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers, 3-1 (1) – The Steelers lost at home to the Ravens, and any other year that’d be enough to unseat the top team in a power rankings poll. But this year is different. Parity is the norm. No team is decidedly better than the rest. The Steelers have been very good, and they’ve done it without Ben Roethisberger. He’s back now, so the Steelers stay #1.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers, 3-0 (6) – No team has played better than the Steelers, and they’ve done it without their starting quarterback. Charlie Batch had 3 first half touchdowns against the formerly undefeated Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The defense has been spectacular.
1. New Orleans Saints, 2-0 (1) – The champs had to work for it, but they managed to beat the Niners in San Francisco. San Fran gave the game away with their 4 turnovers. The Saints should be a little worried; their offense looks out of sync and the D gave up a lot of yards along with a late scoring drive. Nevertheless, the Saints are 2-0. Until they lose, New Orleans owns the top spot.