Boston Celtics at Chicago Bulls
Time: 7 PM CT (TNT)
Spread: CHI -6
Odds c/o 5dimes
The Chicago Bulls are riding a five-game win streak coming in, benefitting from the extra worldly play of Jimmy Butler. It will host the Boston Celtics in the first of a TNT double header. The Bulls are 6-point favorites in the game with an over/under of 204.5.
Click HERE to see live NBA odds from major bookmakers!
Over the Bulls’ streak they have knocked off Toronto Raptors, Indiana Pacers, New York Knicks, Toronto (again) and the Milwaukee Bucks. The last win came 117-106 over the Bucks behind 32 points from Butler. Butler has averaged 31.3 points per game over the Bulls last four games including a 40 point second half against the Raptors on Jan 3. The 2-guard is making his case to be the East’s second-most dominant talent after LeBron James.
It is also making the Bulls into the second-most feared team in the East, at that. Pau Gasol has stepped up his play too, and is averaging 16.7 points and 10.7 rebounds on the year while posting the highest PER of any Bull (22.5). The Bulls still are not getting great player from Derrick Rose and Nikola Mirotic, but with Butler and Gasol producing the way they are fans are beginning to warm more to first-year head coach Fred Holberg.
The Celtics have lost three of its past four games and most recently fell 99-94 to the Detroit Pistons. All five starters reached double figures in the loss, led by point guard Isaiah Thomas’ 22 points on 6 of 20 shooting. The C’s frontcourt shot 17 of 35 from the field for 42 points and 20 rebounds, but Boston shot just 37.4 percent from the floor as a team in the loss.
Sportsbooks reviews here!
Thomas leads the Celtics in scoring at 20.9 points per game, and he also has recorded the most assists (6.9) and highest PER (21.5). Avery Bradley has stepped up as a bigger scoring threat this season with 14.7 points per game. He is listed as questionable after missing the last two Celtics games with a hip pointer.
Small forward Jae Crowder makes his calling card on the defensive end, and the Celtics’ frontcourt of Crowder, Amir Johnson and Jared Sullinger has been pretty solid. Sullinger is averaging nine points and nine rebounds per game while posting an above-average PER of 16.3
Boston has been a better team on the road this year than they have been at home, with a 10-6 mark in away games this season. That will prove vital as the Bulls are 15-5 at the United Center and trailing No. 1 Cleveland by just three games in the standings. Chicago is favored in this game and has been hot, and it seems unlikely that the wheels fall off in its own building.
Purchase our NBA pick plans HERE!
- Celtics are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Celtics are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games when their starting 5 players combine for more than 160 minutes of the previous day.
- Celtics are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Celtics are 20-7 ATS in their last 27 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Celtics are 37-14-1 ATS in their last 52 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Celtics are 36-17-1 ATS in their last 54 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Celtics are 39-19 ATS in their last 58 road games.
- Celtics are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. NBA Central.
- Bulls are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Bulls are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 Thursday games.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Bulls are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Bulls are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Bulls are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Bulls are 6-13 ATS in their last 19 games following a straight up win.
- Bulls are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 6-0 in Celtics last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 5-0 in Celtics last 5 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 6-1 in Celtics last 7 overall.
- Under is 5-1 in Celtics last 6 road games.
- Under is 9-2 in Celtics last 11 vs. NBA Central.
- Under is 4-1 in Celtics last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Celtics last 7 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Under is 38-16-3 in Celtics last 57 Thursday games.
- Under is 15-7 in Celtics last 22 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 4-0 in Bulls last 4 Thursday games.
- Over is 5-0 in Bulls last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Over is 6-1 in Bulls last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 5-1 in Bulls last 6 overall.
- Over is 5-1 in Bulls last 6 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 5-1 in Bulls last 6 home games.
- Over is 5-1 in Bulls last 6 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 22-5-1 in Bulls last 28 vs. NBA Atlantic.
- Under is 4-1 in Bulls last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Over is 12-3-1 in Bulls last 16 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 5-2-1 in Bulls last 8 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- Over is 7-3 in Bulls last 10 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.
- Over is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings in Chicago.
- Favorite is 5-2-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
- Celtics are 6-14-2 ATS in the last 22 meetings.
- Celtics are 3-7-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings in Chicago.
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.