Chicago Bulls at Cleveland Cavaliers
Series Tied 2-2
Time: 6 PM ET
Spread: CLE -5.5
M/L: CLE -240; CHI +200
Betting odds c/o Bovada
The Cleveland Cavaliers won Game 4 86-84 to tie the series at 2-2. NBA oddsmakers are favoring the Cleveland Cavaliers in NBA live lines, listing the odds 5.5 points in favor of Cleveland. The betting total is set at 191, and for an explanation of how to bet over/unders see our NBA odds explained.
Cleveland won Game 4 on a LeBron James jumper at the final buzzer. James had 25 points on 10 of 30 shooting, grabbed 14 rebounds, dished eight assists. He did have eight turnovers and the Cavs turned it over 15 times. Cleveland also shot just 38 percent from the floor, but held the Bulls to 36 percent and allowed just six fast break points. The Cavs also held a plus-4 advantage on the boards and hit 23 of 24 from the line. Chicago got to the line just 12 times.
The Cavs placed five players in double figures, outside James, Timfoey Mozgov (15), Tristan Thompson (12), Kyrie Irving (12) and J.R. Smith (13) all finished with 12 points or more. Irving struggled, hitting just 2 of 10 from the floor (but 8 of 8 from the line). The Cavs need Irving to have a bigger game, because as James said during the post game conference, it isn’t all on Kyrie when the Cavs lose and he’s had a bad game.
James cited his turnovers, his lack of steals, and his overall futility from the floor as reasons why Irving is not to blame. However, without power forward Kevin Love, the Cavs need both Irving and James to have top-notch games almost every night.
Playing the offensively deficient Bulls has been the gift wrap that has allowed the Cavs to struggle to score and still win games. The point total was just 170 for Game 4, and it bodes well for a bet on the ‘UNDER.’ The Bulls backcourt shot 19 of 34 from the field in Game 4, but that was largely due to Derrick Rose going 11 of 23 from the floor.
Rose finished with a game-high 31 points, and Butler contributed 19 though he shot just 8 of 21 from the field. Joakim Noah looked to be more offensively involved, scoring 8 points on 12 field goal attempts. He took just four shots in Game 3, so clearly he was encouraged to take shots he had been passing on. He didn’t hit them, but the Bulls can’t deal with Noah not taking shots and playing like an offensive liability. He has to remain aggressive in scoring to keep the Cavs honest defensively.
• Bulls are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
• Bulls are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Tuesday games.
• Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Conference Semifinals games.
• Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
• Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
• Bulls are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Central.
• Bulls are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS win.
• Bulls are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games.
• Cavaliers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
• Cavaliers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
• Cavaliers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following a S.U. win.
• Cavaliers are 5-13 ATS in their last 18 vs. NBA Central.
• Cavaliers are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games playing on 1 days rest.
• Cavaliers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
• Cavaliers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 Conference Semifinals games.
• Under is 6-2 in Bulls last 8 games following a S.U. loss.
• Under is 19-7 in Bulls last 26 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
• Under is 16-6 in Bulls last 22 vs. NBA Central.
• Under is 5-2 in Bulls last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
• Under is 5-2 in Bulls last 7 overall.
• Under is 5-2 in Bulls last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
• Under is 16-7 in Bulls last 23 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
• Under is 12-2 in Cavaliers last 14 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
• Under is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 Tuesday games.
• Under is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 games following a S.U. win.
• Under is 5-2 in Cavaliers last 7 overall.
• Over is 5-2 in Cavaliers last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
• Under is 5-2 in Cavaliers last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
• Under is 22-10 in Cavaliers last 32 Conference Semifinals games.
• Under is 35-16-1 in Cavaliers last 52 games playing on 1 days rest.
Head to Head
• Bulls are 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings.
• Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Cleveland.
• Bulls are 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings in Cleveland.
• Home team is 5-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings.